Welcome to South Brunswick Middle School! We look forward to an exciting and successful year of learning and discovery. We have many opportunities for students to succeed here and we are glad you will be a part of that effort.
Education is essential for our children so that they can have options in life. Educational achievement requires persistence, dedication, and effort. Working together with families, we hope to provide a school environment that encourages the best of all of our students. For us, failure will not be an option.
Our vision is that SBMS will be recognized as a community where learning never stops. In order for that vision to be achieved:
-South Brunswick Middle School students will remain actively engaged in the learning process as they acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to become responsible, contributing citizens within the local, state, national, and world community.
-South Brunswick Middle School parents will remain actively involved as advocates for their children and supporters of the school programs and staff.
-Within a nurturing, safe environment, South Brunswick Middle School staff members will actively engage all students in the learning process and teach students to become critical thinkers, problem-solvers, and life-long learners.
Keeping our vision in mind that learning never stops, our school community’s mission/purpose will come to fruition:
The mission of South Brunswick Middle School is to inspire and empower ALL students to excel both academically and socially and prepare them to be productive citizens and future leaders. At South Brunswick Middle School, everybody is somebody.
In order to fulfill our mission of excellence, we need support from our families. We need to work together as a team to assure student success. Our students must be held accountable in their academics, behavior, and social interactions. You can count on us to fully implement our expectations and enforce our rules. Here are some specific ways you can help us:
1. Please read with your child each day for at least 20 minutes. I read with my family each day. It may be a set time in the evening or reading recipes while cooking dinner. At times, that can be a challenge, but it can be done.
2. Please review the discipline plan presented in the Student Handbook and online. Success requires structure and consistency. You have our commitment to maintaining a safe, positive, and nurturing school environment.
3. Please emphasize the importance of education with your children and provide them time and space for homework.
4. Celebrate their successes!
5. Please call or visit whenever you have a question, concern, or suggestion.
6. Consider joining a parent group and/or look for opportunities to volunteer on campus. We welcome your participation!
We believe in every one of our students. We are devoted to their success. The educational journey we begin today is focused on providing a solid academic program that reaches out to all young people so that they can discover the true joy of learning.
We look forward to working with you to make this a wonderful year!
South Brunswick Middle School