It is time to register members of the Class of 2030!
Kindergarten registration started March 13 and will remain open through April 7, 2017. Parents are welcome to visit the school in their child's attendance zone anytime during the schools day between the hours of 8:45 a.m. and 3:15 p.m.
To register for kindergarten, children must be 5 years old on or before August 31, 2017
Parents should bring the following with them to complete the registration process:
- Proof of Residence (Driver's license, power bill, rent or mortgage receipt)
- Certified Birth Certificate (May be obtained from the Register of Deeds in the county of birth)
- Immunization Record
- Health Assessment Report showing physical examination, vision screening, must be returned prior to beginning school.
The Class of 2030 Kindergarten Open House will take place Tuesday, May 2, 2017. Dinner will be served from 5:30 p.m.-6:00 p.m. with orientation from 6:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m. This special evening will take place in all Brunswick County elementary schools to allow students and parents a chance to visit the school and learn valuable information.
Children starting kindergarten this year are required to have a physical by doctor and a NC Health Assessment Transmittal Form. FREE kindergarten physicals will be offered by Brunswick County Health Services on the following dates and locations. Children can been seen at any location but appointments are required and can be established by calling 910-253-2276
. Parents should bring their child's immunization shot record and insurance or Medicaid card.
- Belville Elementary-Monday, May 8, 2017
- Supply Elementary-Tuesday, May 9. 2017
- Jessie Mae Monroe Elementary-Wednesday, May 10, 2017
- Waccamaw School-Thursday, May 11, 2017
- Southport Elementary-Friday, May 12, 2017
Registration helps the school system plan an appropriate number of classrooms for the upcoming school year. The more parents who take advantage of the early registration process, the better schools will be prepared for them to start the school year!
For additional information call or visit any elementary school in Brunswick County!