Substitute Teaching for Brunswick County Schools
Thank you for your interest in substitute teaching for Brunswick County Schools. Information concerning the process for being approved to substitute is outlined below.
BECOMING A SUBSTITUTE TEACHER
- Hold a current teaching license from North Carolina
- Hold a current teaching license from another state
- Hold an expired teaching license from any state
- Complete a substitute teacher online application at (Job Board). If you have never applied to Brunswick County Schools, you will need to create an account and then log into that account to get to the applications. Make sure to indicate Brunswick County as the district so that we will be able to see your application.
- Next, contact one Brunswick County School and request an interview with a school administrator. You only need to interview with one school to be approved for the Brunswick County School System.
- You will need to provide a copy of your driver’s license, social security card, and teaching license. Please take these documents with you to the interview. You will also need to provide three references.
- After a successful interview, the principal will submit a recommendation to Human Resources.
- Human Resources will send you an email to begin the hire process. Please respond to this email as quickly as possible. You will be required to complete hiring documents though our online system. There will be two sets of emails. The first will include a release for a background check. Once that clears, you will receive an email to complete further forms.
- Once this process is complete your name will be presented to the Board of Education at their next meeting for approval. You will not be officially hired until approved by the Board.
- Following Board approval, you will receive a letter informing you about attending new hire orientation.
PAY RATES FOR SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS
$103.00/day – for substitutes who hold a current teaching license
$80.00/day – for substitutes who hold an expired teaching license
Substitutes are paid monthly on the normal pay date for the school. You will be provided a pay card at new hire orientation. Checks are direct deposited into your bank account.