EARLY COLLEGE HIGH SCHOOL APPLICATION INFO
20-21 SCHOOL YEAR
All 8th grade students should plan to attend the Early College High School's live Google Meet at 8:00 a.m. on Friday, January 8. Check into your homeroom and your teacher will provide the link to join the meet. This is the best way to learn about Brunswick County School's Early College High School and see if it's an option that might be right for you.
Anyone interested in attending ECHS must go through an application process. Below is the application timeline:
- Fri., Jan. 8, 8:00 a.m. ECHS presentation to 8th graders via live Google Meet.
- Thurs., Jan. 14 Application goes online on ECHS website
- Thurs., Jan. 21, 5:30 p.m. Virtual Informational Meeting for parents/guardians of any student interested in applying to ECHS
- Fri., Jan. 29, 12 noon *ECHS APPLICATIONS DUE/CONFIRMATION PAGE SIGNED/SUBMITTED
*ECHS deadline for registration is listed on the application as Feb. 19.
This is their deadline for Ms. Joyner to submit your application folder -- NOT YOUR deadline to apply.
The SBMS deadline is Jan. 29 because we have to administer the essay to all students who apply, and teachers have to complete a recommendation on each student they teach who is applying to ECHS. Ms. Joyner has to gather several pieces of information to include in each applicant's folder. SBMS staff has to have time to complete these tasks in order to submit your folder to ECHS by Feb. 19.
- Wed., Feb. 10 ECHS Essay (details to follow/TBA)
More can be learned by visiting BCECHS's website: www.bcswan.net/ECHS or using link listed below