Transfer Information & Forms

  • In-County Transfer Request Form

    Out of County Transfer Request Form

    Student transfer agreements are good for one school year. New forms must be submitted for every year the student is not enrolled at their home school or district. 


    To be considered for a transfer:
    Students must maintain good behavior and attendance (including minimal tardies and early check-outs) as well as maintain passing grades.

    If approved for a transfer:
    If behavior, attendance or academic problems arise, the transfer may be rescinded and the student will have to return to the school in their home district.

    **Please understand that school bus transportation will not be provided for transfer students. The parent must provide the child's transportation to and from school.** » « » «

    Brunswick County Schools' policy 4150 allows reassignment of students under the following circumstances if space is available in the school requested: 

    (1) Student requires special services, programs, courses not available at his/her assigned school. 

    (2) Parents have changed residence within Brunswick County. This request is for the student to remain at the school where he/she is currently assigned for the remainder of the school year. 

    (3) Extreme and/or unusual circumstances, including hardship situations which may affect the student's physical, emotional, social, or mental welfare. A written description of reason should be attached. This statement must include any supporting documentation to explain the hardship. 

    (4) Parent is a Brunswick County Schools employee and prefers student attend the school where he/she works. 

    A transfer is a privilege. Parents are expected to maintain a positive working relationship with the school. Principals may rescind the out-of-county approval of any student who does not maintain satisfactory grades, conduce, school attendance, and punctuality. Requests for transfer must be renewed annually.



    » In-County Student Transfer Request Form «
    » Out-of-County Student Transfer Request Form«