Students & Parents: WE’RE STILL HERE FOR YOU!!!!
Communication is a little more difficult now that schools are closed, but we want you all to know that we miss you and we are still here for you! Please feel free to reach out to us at any time! We'd love to hear from you! Our emails are listed below and we have also created a school counselor check-in form for students to contact us if needed. The link is attached below!! During this time our office hours will vary throughout the workday. Our typically work hours will be from 7:20-3:15, Monday-Friday. If you contact us either through email or our check-in form, we will get back with you during our work hours.
Last Name A-L-Debbora Pittman:firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Name M-Z Anne Joyner: email@example.com
If you encounter technical difficulties accessing your school email or school sites, Brunswick County Schools' Help Desk is available to assist you. Just call 253-1095.
Join our Google Classrooms!!!
We'd also love for ALL students to join our School Counseling Google Classrooms!!! Ongoing themes consist of important life skills; such as, Time Management, Conflict Resolution, and Organizational Skills. There will also be other lessons on Stress Management, Mindfulness, Gratitude and College/Career Planning. I hope you all enjoy the lessons!!
It's time to register for your 9th grade classes! To see what courses are available, access the Course Selection Guide here:
Resources for Parents during COVID-19 School Closures:
*NEW* Parent Resource for Building Resiliency:
Brief Instructions- by following this link, it will take you to a learning module of videos and slides with activities. After you finish watching a video you can click on the side of the frame to move forward to the next slide. Or you can notice the bar at the bottom with arrows to move forward or backward between slides. You can also pause, rewind, replay, or turn up or down the volume of the videos by using the bar on the bottom of each video.
Click the links below to find out ways to talk with your child about COVID-19! We hope these suggestions help!
COVID-19 For Kiddos:
Mental Health Resources:
Trillium Health Resources (Local Support for Mental Health, Substance Abuse and Developmental Disabilities): 1.877.685.2415
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1.800.273.TALK (8255)
A Crisis CHAT line courtesy of Integrated Family Services, PLLC is available for all staff, students, parents, family, and friends that will offer online emotional support 24 hours a day.
Trained chat specialists are available to assist individuals who are depressed, going through a hard time, need to talk, or having thoughts of hurting themselves. Any life issues may be discussed utilizing the Crisis CHAT line. The goal of Integrated Family Services’ Crisis CHAT line is to help you and others reduce stress and feel empowered to make healthy decisions. To utilize this free service, simply go to www.integratedfamilyservices.net and click the “chat with us” icon at the top of the page.
You can also call Mobile Crisis Hotline 1.866.437.1821.
Local Mental Health Providers:
Counseling Resources for Parents & Students!
Make sure you’re taking care of your mental health during this difficult time! Remember your mental health is just as important as your physical health! Click the links below for additional information on SELF-CARE IDEAS!!
Take time to Relax & Breathe!
Research has shown that practicing gratitude can help to promote an overall sense of happiness and wellbeing. Try writing down three or more things a day you're grateful for or make gratitude cards for others. Check out this video!
Get up and start moving! Make sure you are getting some form of exercise EVERYDAY!! Even if it’s just briefly: go for a walk, ride your bike, and enjoy the sunshine!! Remember to practice social distancing and stay safe!!
Brunswick County Resources:
- Prepackaged breakfast and lunch will be available to ALL CHILDREN (ages 1-18) at each of the three high schools in the county: NBHS, SBHS, and WBHS 11-1 Monday through Friday for the entirety of our countywide closure. An adult must be present for pickup. Please stay in your car and the packaged meals will be brought to you.
- Parents, you can text FOODNC to 877-877 to locate free nearby meal sites. You can also text COMIDA to 877-877 to receive the response in Spanish.
- Check out the website: org/COVID19/ for a map of local food sites.
- Free meals from Purple Onion will be distributed on the coming Wednesdays from 4 - 6 pm at Highest Praise Church.
- Matthews Ministry is providing backpacks with food for those in need at the same high schools at the same pickup times.
- We have received several emails from families about children not being enrolled in our backpack program but now are finding that they need food due to the harsh economic realities of this situation. If this describes your family please visit one of our sites and we will get your child enrolled in the program when and if school resumes . We do not want any child to suffer from food insecurity in these difficult times . We have volunteer shifts covered at this time . If this changes and we have a need for additional volunteers then I will post these opportunities on the Matthew’s Ministry Facebook page .
- Bagelmeister in the Walmart parking lot in Leland has offered to provide a free breakfast sandwich to any child in need. They are open 6:30 am - 2 pm every day.
- Brunswick County COVID-19 Community Assistance
- Brunswick County Public Health Call Line and Email Information (Available Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.): 1.910.253.2339
- NC Public Health Call Line (Open 24/7): 1.866.462.3821
- The United Way is always available to help find resources, you just need to call: 211.
For additional information and updates visit the Brunswick County Schools webpage. Click the link below!!