Drivers Education Information
All driver education parent meetings and class room sessions have been cancelled for this week.
The Behind wheel schedules: Instructors will contact parents about cancellations and re-scheduling on an individual basis as the continuation of driving schedules vary depending on the weather and road conditions before and after the storm.
Once school resumes:
- Announcements will be made and updates posted to this page to address new dates for parent meetings and revised class schedules.
- Driving schedules will be handled individually by the instructor as driving appointments will take place as long as weather and road conditions allow.
- is a course that consists of 30 hours of classwork and 6 hours behind-the-wheel training.
- is required for any person under the age of 18 desiring to receive a driver's license/learner's permit. Anyone who has turned 14 and 6 months old may sign up for class.
- is not part of the school day or of school curriculum, but is considered a "part of school life."
- is designed and dedicated to prepare our students for a lifetime skill that greatly enhances their quality of life
Driver's Education Goals:
The goal of Driver Education is to provide each student driver a start in psychomotor skills and mental attitudes that are essential to becoming the most competent, skillful, responsible driver possible. This serves as a base for parents to continue the instruction and supervision of their young driver in developing the necessary knowledge, skill, and attitude needed to become a safe driver. **Communication with parents/guardians is an important key in accomplishing this goal.
To be Eligible for Brunswick County Schools Driver Education You Must:
- Be at least fourteen and a half years of age, but not more than seventeen years of age.
- Pay $65 as required by the NC General Assembly in HB 200. Process for payment of fee will be included on all registration forms. No cash or personal checks.
- Agree to abide by the Code of Student Conduct as found in the Brunswick County Schools Student Handbook.
**Parent or "parent approved" representative required!
See information above concerning the parent meeting for your student's class.**
Students are not called by age but it will be considered in the process.
Instructors will call parents individually to discuss the Behind the Wheel appointment options. Due to the very busy nature of summer, this process will continue into the first couple of months in the new school year (September through November). June is our busiest class room enrollment time followed by July. We are working aggressively to get summer classes completed for the Behind the Wheel portion of the program.
Please be sure to review the no-show policy on the Information Form received at the parent meeting.
Information by School:
*CHECK INFORMATION BELOW.
NBHS: The September class registration is closed. Please check back for further information as posted.
SBHS: The September class registration is closed. Please check back for further information as posted.
WBHS: The September class registration is closed. Please check back for further information as posted.
ECHS: The September class registration is closed. Please check back for further information as posted.
SATURDAY CLASSES: The September 29th class is full. Normally, a Saturday class option is made available once a semester. Please continue to check back as schedules may allow for another option later this semester.
PARENT MEETING INFORMATION
STUDENTS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO ATTEND THE PARENT MEETING
- A parent or parent representative must attend the driver education meeting before a student can attend class
- Detailed information, including date and time, is made available on registration form.
- Please direct questions/concerns to our office at least 3 days prior to meeting.
- The $65 fee is required at this meeting.
- Please, NO cash or checks. Pay by money order or certified check to "Brunswick Driving School."
*IF THERE ARE QUESTIONS/CONCERNS ABOUT THE INFORMATION STATED ABOVE, PLEASE NOTIFY BRUNSWICK DRIVING SCHOOL AT LEAST 3 DAYS PRIOR TO YOUR PARENT MEETING DATE.
PLEASE NOTE: PRIVACY LAWS DO NOT ALLOW CLASS ROSTERS TO BE POSTED ONLINE.
CLASS ROSTERS ARE POSTED ON THE WINDOW OF THE SCHOOL’S MAIN OFFICE
• Parent or "parent approved" representative required at meeting. Dates/times on registration forms
• Student not required at meeting.
• Must have $65 money order or Certified check at meeting.
• State law age 14.5 by 1st day of class & not to exceed 18 during the class or driving portion.
• Student in seat for first day roll call.
• Bring the first day: pen, paper pocket folder, & birth certificate (copy OK).
• Do not have conflicts with class dates.
Questions/concerns: Call Brunswick Driving School at 910-575-5888.
Registration Forms and Documents: