- Forms include detailed information on class options and registration process
- This is a course that consists of 30 hours of classwork and 6 hours behind-the-wheel training as required by North Carolina for those between the age of 14.5 through 17 to apply for a NC Learner Permit/License
- Students who are 18 may take the course IF that student is actively enrolled in school.
Driver's Education Goals:
The goal of Driver Education is to provide each student driver a start in psychomotor skills and mental attitudes that are essential to becoming the most competent, skillful, responsible driver possible. This serves as a base for parents to continue the instruction and supervision of their young driver in developing the necessary knowledge, skill, and attitude needed to become a safe driver.
To be Eligible for Brunswick County State Funded Driver Education You Must:
- Be a resident of Brunswick County.
- Be between the ages of 14.5 and 17 years of age.
- Students who are 18 and actively enrolled in school may attend class
- As a resident of Brunswick County, whether public, home school or private student may attend any class/school option that is available as long as they can be present at the start of the class and adhere to the schedule.
- Pay $65 as required by the NC General Assembly in HB 200. Process for payment of fee will be included on all registration forms. No cash or personal checks.
- Adhere to requirements as outlined on the registration form
- Agree to abide by the Code of Student Conduct as found in the Brunswick County Schools Student Handbook.
Driving Schedules: Great News!
BEHIND THE WHEEL UPDATES
- On the road training resumed in August
- Oldest classes will be called first.
- If a student completed their class in January/February and have not been called to drive, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include student’s name, DOB and location for the D.E. class.
- The 130 students who were taking class when the March Virus lock down occurred are being processed. We estimate that it will be the end of October/early November to get everyone contacted about appointment options.
- Next, the online students from June, July etc.
- June will start after pre-covid students (see time line above)
- Per class, age is a consideration in booking/calling students, but not guaranteed that the process will work only by, “oldest to youngest” when scheduling.
- Instructors will call parent/guardian to discuss the Behind the Wheel appointment options
- Continue to check this page for the BTW schedule updates as we move through the list
Questions/concerns can be addressed by emailing a detailed question to: email@example.com Or leave a message @ 910-575-58888
CLASS REGISTRATION INFORMATION:
At this time the classes are full. Thank you for checking back about the schedule but unfortunately we are unable to put additional class dates in print due to the backlog of students to drive. We recommend that you continue to check this page. When dates are in print it will communicate that the form has been attached to the bottom of the page.
AT THIS TIME THE PROGRAM:
- Is moving forward but due to the back log will be limited on registration opportunities.
- We have additional people taking the state certification course. These options resumed in September.
- We anticipate that it will be the beginning of the year before additional instructors have completed the course and officially licensed to teach class and drive with students.
When a form is in print:
- It will be attached at the bottom of this page
- Includes all information needed to register
- Spaces are filled by first come, first serve as received by email
Registration Forms and Documents:
No forms are available at this time.