Drivers Education Information
- Forms include detailed information on class options and registration process
- This is a course that consists of 30 hours of classwork and 6 hours behind-the-wheel training as required by North Carolina for those between the age of 14.5 through 17 to apply for a NC Learner Permit/License
- Students who are 18 may take the course IF that student is actively enrolled in school.
Driver's Education Goals:
The goal of Driver Education is to provide each student driver a start in psychomotor skills and mental attitudes that are essential to becoming the most competent, skillful, responsible driver possible. This serves as a base for parents to continue the instruction and supervision of their young driver in developing the necessary knowledge, skill, and attitude needed to become a safe driver.
To be Eligible for Brunswick County State Funded Driver Education You Must:
- Be a resident of Brunswick County.
- Be between the ages of 14.5 and 17 years of age.
- Students who are 18 and actively enrolled in school may attend class
- As a resident of Brunswick County, whether public, home school or private student may attend any class/school option that is available as long as they can be present at the start of the class and adhere to the schedule.
- Pay $65 as required by the NC General Assembly in HB 200. Process for payment of fee will be included on all registration forms. No cash or personal checks.
- Adhere to requirements as outlined on the registration form
- Agree to abide by the Code of Student Conduct as found in the Brunswick County Schools Student Handbook.
**Parent or "parent approved" representative required!
See information below concerning the parent meeting for your student's class.**
Gov. Cooper has approved the start of driver education “on road” training. Once DPI gives the official start date, BCS will begin to call students to discuss appointment options. The process will begin with the 130 March students that completed class but were put on hold due to COVID 19.
- Though age is consider in booking/calling students, it is not guaranteed that the process will work only by, “oldest to youngest” when scheduling.
- Instructors will call parent/guardian to discuss the Behind the Wheel appointment options.
Virtual Class has been approved to restart classes. A new registration form is attached below. If this registration is not workable due to age requirements or schedule conflicts please continue to check this page for additional class options as we continue the restart process.
Questions/concerns: Call Brunswick Driving School at 910-575-5888 or email email@example.com
Registration Forms and Documents: