Drivers Education Information
- Contact information: Brunswick Driving School 910-575-5888 or by email @ email@example.com.
- Forms include detailed information on class options, registration process and what is needed for parent (or a parent representative) meeting, student’s requirements and commitments for BCS driver education
- is a course that consists of 30 hours of classwork and 6 hours behind-the-wheel training.
- is required for any person under the age of 18 desiring to receive a driver's license/learner's permit. Anyone who has turned 14 and 6 months old may sign up for class.
- is not part of the school day or of school curriculum, but is considered a "part of school life."
- is designed and dedicated to prepare our students for a lifetime skill that greatly enhances their quality of life
Driver's Education Goals:
The goal of Driver Education is to provide each student driver a start in psychomotor skills and mental attitudes that are essential to becoming the most competent, skillful, responsible driver possible. This serves as a base for parents to continue the instruction and supervision of their young driver in developing the necessary knowledge, skill, and attitude needed to become a safe driver. **Communication with parents/guardians is an important key in accomplishing this goal.
To be Eligible for Brunswick County Schools Driver Education You Must:
- Be at least fourteen and a half years of age, but not more than seventeen years of age.
- A resident of Brunswick County.
- Pay $65 as required by the NC General Assembly in HB 200. Process for payment of fee will be included on all registration forms. No cash or personal checks.
- Agree to abide by the Code of Student Conduct as found in the Brunswick County Schools Student Handbook.
**Parent or "parent approved" representative required!
See information below concerning the parent meeting for your student's class.**
While we do look at age in booking/calling students, it is not guaranteed that the process will work only by, “oldest to youngest” when scheduling.
Instructors will call parents individually to discuss the Behind the Wheel appointment options.
Summer classes will continue to be called during the first semester of the school year.
Please be sure to review the no-show policy on the Information Form received at the parent meeting.
Information by School:
To be eligible for the following classes a student must be:
- Resident of Brunswick County
- Age 14.5 to 17 at the start of class. Students who are 18 or turning 18 during this process are ineligible
- Be available for the class dates and times. Student must be in seat at the daily start time
*CHECK INFORMATION BELOW.
NBHS: First registration has taken place. This class roster has been posted on the office window at NBHS. Please verify student’s name if you have turned in a registration form for this class. For those who need to register for an upcoming class please check back on Monday, September 23. This process will continue 4 to 5 times during the school year as a new class is in print.
SBHS: First registration has taken place. This class roster will be posted on window of SBHS Student Services office on Wednesday 9/18. Please verify student’s name if you have turned in a registration form. For those who need to register for an upcoming class please check back on Monday, September 23. This process will continue 4 to 5 times during the school year as a new class is in print.
WBHS: The first class registration has taken place. Please check for student’s name, roster posted at WBHS on window of school office. Please check back the first week of October for updated registration information. Four to five classes are held throughout the school year.
COAST: Students at this school may sign up for Saturday and Summer classes. If a student signs up for a high school’s “after school” class they MUST be able to be available at the start time of the class.
ECHS: Due to lack of enrollment, the class offered has been canceled. Please check on Saturday class options or continue to check for ECHS updates as we move forward into the semester.
SATURDAY CLASSES: This option consists of 5 dates, 8:30 – 2:50pm. School TBA. The next Saturday option will be at NBHS. Please check back for registration form early October for detailed information.
Summer Classes: The summer dates/registration forms are made available in May at all middle and high schools and attached at the bottom of this age.
PARENT MEETING INFORMATION
STUDENTS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO ATTEND THE PARENT MEETING
- A parent or parent representative must attend the driver education meeting before a student can attend class
- Please follow instructions on the bottom “detachable” portion of your registration for parent meeting date and room location of the school.
- Please direct questions/concerns to our office at least 3 days prior to meeting.
- The $65 fee is required at this meeting.
- Please, NO cash or checks. Pay by money order or certified check to "Brunswick Driving School."
*IF THERE ARE QUESTIONS/CONCERNS ABOUT THE INFORMATION STATED ABOVE, PLEASE NOTIFY BRUNSWICK DRIVING SCHOOL AT LEAST 3 DAYS PRIOR TO YOUR PARENT MEETING DATE.
PLEASE NOTE: PRIVACY LAWS DO NOT ALLOW CLASS ROSTERS TO BE POSTED ONLINE.
CLASS ROSTERS ARE POSTED ON THE WINDOW OF THE SCHOOL’S MAIN OFFICE
• Parent or "parent approved" representative required at meeting. Dates/times on registration forms
• Student not required at meeting.
• Must have $65 money order or Certified check at meeting.
• State law age 14.5 by 1st day of class & not to exceed 18 during the class or driving portion.
• Student in seat for first day roll call.
• Bring the first day: pen, paper pocket folder, & birth certificate (copy OK).
• Do not have conflicts with class dates.
Questions/concerns: Call Brunswick Driving School at 910-575-5888.
Registration Forms and Documents: