Drivers Education Information
- is a course that consists of 30 hours of classwork and 6 hours behind-the-wheel training.
- is required for any person under the age of 18 desiring to receive a driver's license/learner's permit. Anyone who has turned 14 and 6 months old may sign up for class.
- is not part of the school day or of school curriculum, but is considered a "part of school life."
- is designed and dedicated to prepare our students for a lifetime skill that greatly enhances their quality of life
Driver's Education Goals:
The goal of Driver Education is to provide each student driver a start in psychomotor skills and mental attitudes that are essential to becoming the most competent, skillful, responsible driver possible. This serves as a base for parents to continue the instruction and supervision of their young driver in developing the necessary knowledge, skill, and attitude needed to become a safe driver. **Communication with parents/guardians is an important key in accomplishing this goal.
To be Eligible for Brunswick County Schools Driver Education You Must:
- Be at least fourteen and a half years of age, but not more than seventeen years of age.
- Pay $65 as required by the NC General Assembly in HB 200. Process for payment of fee will be included on all registration forms. No cash or personal checks.
- Agree to abide by the Code of Student Conduct as found in the Brunswick County Schools Student Handbook.
**Parent or "parent approved" representative required!
See information above concerning the parent meeting for your student's class.**
Students are not called by age but it will be considered in the process.
Instructors will call parents individually to discuss the Behind the Wheel appointment options. Due to the very busy nature of summer, this process will continue into the first couple of months in the new school year (September through November). June is our busiest class room enrollment time followed by July. We are working aggressively to get summer classes completed for the Behind the Wheel portion of the program.
Please be sure to review the no-show policy on the Information Form received at the parent meeting.
Information by School:
*CHECK INFORMATION BELOW.
NBHS: A registration form is available at NBHS office and attached below.
SBHS: Form is available at the Student Serves office and may be printed from attachment below. A Saturday option is available on the West registration form.
WBHS: A form is available at West office and attached at the bottom of this page.
ECHS: The class starting 11/7 is full. Class starts at 3:35 and required parent/parent representative needs to attend meeting at 5:30 on the 7th for student to attend the class. ECHS, room 203
ECHS students may also sign up for Saturday or summer classes. A form will be available early April for a class at the end of May, held at ECHS.
SATURDAY CLASSES: Saturday class form is available at West office and attached below. It can be found on the "West Registration" form below.
PARENT MEETING INFORMATION
STUDENTS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO ATTEND THE PARENT MEETING
- A parent or parent representative must attend the driver education meeting before a student can attend class
- Detailed information, including date and time, is made available on registration form.
- Please direct questions/concerns to our office at least 3 days prior to meeting.
- The $65 fee is required at this meeting.
- Please, NO cash or checks. Pay by money order or certified check to "Brunswick Driving School."
*IF THERE ARE QUESTIONS/CONCERNS ABOUT THE INFORMATION STATED ABOVE, PLEASE NOTIFY BRUNSWICK DRIVING SCHOOL AT LEAST 3 DAYS PRIOR TO YOUR PARENT MEETING DATE.
PLEASE NOTE: PRIVACY LAWS DO NOT ALLOW CLASS ROSTERS TO BE POSTED ONLINE.
CLASS ROSTERS ARE POSTED ON THE WINDOW OF THE SCHOOL’S MAIN OFFICE
• Parent or "parent approved" representative required at meeting. Dates/times on registration forms
• Student not required at meeting.
• Must have $65 money order or Certified check at meeting.
• State law age 14.5 by 1st day of class & not to exceed 18 during the class or driving portion.
• Student in seat for first day roll call.
• Bring the first day: pen, paper pocket folder, & birth certificate (copy OK).
• Do not have conflicts with class dates.
Questions/concerns: Call Brunswick Driving School at 910-575-5888.
Registration Forms and Documents: