- Forms include detailed information on class options and registration process
- This is a course that consists of 30 hours of classwork and 6 hours behind-the-wheel training as required by North Carolina for those between the age of 14.5 through 17 to apply for a NC Learner Permit/License
- Students who are 18 may take the course IF that student is actively enrolled in school.
Driver's Education Goals:
The goal of Driver Education is to provide each student driver a start in psychomotor skills and mental attitudes that are essential to becoming the most competent, skillful, responsible driver possible. This serves as a base for parents to continue the instruction and supervision of their young driver in developing the necessary knowledge, skill, and attitude needed to become a safe driver.
To be Eligible for Brunswick County State Funded Driver Education You Must:
- Be a resident of Brunswick County.
- Be between the ages of 14.5 and 17 years of age.
- Students who are 18 and actively enrolled in school may attend class
- As a resident of Brunswick County, whether public, home school or private student may attend any class/school option that is available as long as they can be present at the start of the class and adhere to the schedule.
- Pay $65 as required by the NC General Assembly in HB 200. Process for payment of fee will be included on all registration forms. No cash or personal checks.
- Adhere to requirements as outlined on the registration form
- Agree to abide by the Code of Student Conduct as found in the Brunswick County Schools Student Handbook.
Driving Schedules: Great News!
BEHIND THE WHEEL UPDATES
- On the road training resumed in August
- Oldest classes will be called first.
- If a student completed their class in January/February and has not been called to drive, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include student’s name, DOB and location for the D.E. class.
- The 130 students who were taking class when the March Virus lock down occurred are being processed. We estimate that it will be the end of October/early November to get everyone contacted about appointment options.
- Next, the online students from June, July etc.
- June will start after pre-covid students (see time line above)
- Per class, age is a consideration in booking/calling students, but not guaranteed that the process will work only by, “oldest to youngest” when scheduling.
- Instructors will call parent/guardian to discuss the Behind the Wheel appointment options
- Continue to check this page for the BTW schedule updates as we move through the list
Questions/concerns can be addressed by emailing a detailed question to: email@example.com Or leave a message @ 910-575-58888
CLASS REGISTRATION INFORMATION:
A registration form is attached below. Please print and follow instructions to register for a class. If these dates are not applicable due to schedule or required age conflict, please check after Thanksgiving for second semester information.
AT THIS TIME THE PROGRAM:
- Is moving forward but due to the back log will be limited on registration opportunities.
- We have additional people taking the state certification course. These options resumed in September.
- We anticipate that it will be the beginning of the year before additional instructors have completed the course and officially licensed to teach class and drive with students.
When a form is in print:
- It will be attached at the bottom of this page
- Includes all information needed to register
- Spaces are filled by first come, first serve as received by email
Registration Forms and Documents: