5 Things to Know: April 8-12
At the end of each school week, we'll post 5 notes of interest that you might of missed or were mentioned in the Friday phone call. You can sign up for the weekly phone call on Fridays by calling 855-502-7867.
Here is The Friday Five for the week of April 8-12:
- We'll be holding Committee Meetings at Central Services on Tuesday, April 16, beginning at 2pm. Operations Committee includes Institute for Transportation Research and Education Update, Contract with Astroturf for Artificial Turf, Contract with Integrity Builders, LLC for Canopy
at Bolivia Elementary, Reroofing Contract with REI Engineers for Union and Bolivia Elementary, Landscaping Contract (District-wide), Bond II Update. Curriculum/Policy Committee includes MTSS Presentation, Student Career 4 Year Plan Update, Information Regarding Latin Honors. Budget Work Session includes 2019-2020 Current Expense Budget Presentation and Discussion and Budget Amendments. HR Committee includes MOA with Global Teaching Partners and Education Partners International, Salary Study Implementation Update, and Allotment Update.
- Curious about the process of submitting a concern at one of our schools? There's a protocol so that your concern/complaint is handled in a timely manner and well documented. The concern/complaint should be received and addressed at the level closest to which the complaint originated. For example, a complaint regarding a classroom issue should be heard first by the teacher. A complaint regarding the school must be addressed first by the principal. If you would like more information on the General Process on responding to concerns/complaints, please click here. You can click here for the forms to file a report.
- This Saturday we'll be hosting the annual Elementary Science Olympiad tournament (April 13th) at West Brunswick High School. We have all Brunswick County elementary schools participating, as well as schools from Columbus County, and a homeschool group. Right now, organizers are anticipating approximately 324 students, 80 volunteers, and approximately 600 family members watching the events unfold. Some inside. Some outside. This is a sanctioned North Carolina Science Olympiad Division A Tournament. There will be events spread across 3 time periods beginning at 9am and an awards ceremony beginning around 2:00 pm in the gym.
- Want to help the SBHS Band and check out cool cars? SBHS is hosting the Pride of the South Coast Car Show on April 13th. Registration is 9am-12pm. Show is 1-5pm . Awards 5-6pm and all proceeds go to the SBHS Band Program. 280 Cougar Drive, BSL-Southport.
- And get ready to turn off the alarm clock, Spring Break begins next Friday, April 19th and runs through April 26th. Enjoy some time off and don't forget about our online library where you can check out Ebooks for free from your phone or computer device.