5 Things to Know: May 27-31
We're at the end of the year and we close out the final Friday Five of the school year with some bonus notes of interest.
Though school is now out, we'll continue to post 5 notes of interest that you might of missed or were mentioned in the Friday phone call. You can sign up for the weekly phone call on Fridays by calling 855-502-7867.
Here is The Friday Five for the week of May 27-31:
- Click here for this weekend's Graduation Livestreams.
- West Brunswick High School: May 31st, 6:30 pm
- South Brunswick High School: June 1st, 9:00 am
- North Brunswick High School: June 1st, 1:00 pm
- We're also posting pictures and videos from each graduation on the BCS Facebook page over the weekend so take a moment and see each school's Commencement Ceremonies for our Class of 2019!
- Superintendent Dr. Jerry L. Oates has a special end of year message for the Class of 2019 and family members. Click here to view it.
- The Board of Education is holding its monthly meeting June 4th at 6pm. It will be held at the David R. Sandifer Building in the Brunswick County Goverment Complex. (The County Commissioners Chambers). The meeting will be streamed live via the BCS Livestream Channel: https://livestream.com/brunswickcountyschools
- We've got a fantastic book challege underway this summer. When your child reads a book, have them make a book trailer video about it and he/she can win prizes all summer long. Click here for the details and an example of a book trailer.
- There are a couple date changes to the Summer Meals Program. Click here for the times and locations and make sure the kiddos join us for a free breakfast and lunch this summer. Make it a group outing with friends!
That's Five. BUT WAIT...THERE'S MORE!
- Saturday, June 1st is the 14th Annual US Coast Guard Station Oak Island Public Safety Day from 10am-2pm! It's free. There are kid's activities. All kinds of local first responders will be on hand to learn more about the vital role they play in our community. The kids will love it! Head to 300 Caswell Beach Road in Oak Island on Saturday and get the first official weekend of Summer Break off to a safe start!!
- Saturday, June 8th, Brunswick County is hosting a "Splash into Summer" family event at the Government Center. It's a healthy fun way to celebrate a successful school year! June 8th, 9am -12pm and the event will feature a water fun station, children’s activities, and wellness information for all ages.
Make sure to follow us on Facebook and check back next Friday for "The Friday Five"!