5 Things to Know: August 12th-16th
At the end of each week, we'll post 5 notes of interest that you might of missed or were mentioned in the Friday phone call. You can sign up for the weekly phone call on Fridays by calling 855-502-7867.
Here is The Friday Five for the week of August 12-16:
- CAMPUS CRIME TIP LINE: Brunswick County Schools has partnered with WeTip, Inc to provide an absolutely anonymous Campus Crime Tip Line to students and staff. WeTip operators staff the toll free, nationwide hotlines and internet lines, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The service gives students and their families an opportunity to give information without fear of consequences. Click here for more details.
- COMMITTEE MEETING LOCATION CHANGE: The Board of Education Committee Meetings will follow ribbon cutting ceremony for The Center of Applied Sciences and Technology, known as The COAST. On August 20th, 2019, you're invited to the official ribbon cutting ceremony for Brunswick County Schools' new hub for Career and Technical Education courses for high school students. The event begins at 12:30 with the Operations, Finance/HR and Curriculum Committee Meetings to follow at 2pm. The location is 1109 Old Ocean Highway in Bolivia.
- THE SUPERINTENDENT'S REPORT: Superintendent Dr. Jerry L. Oates now has a bi-monthly column you can find in the Brunswick Beacon as well as here on the BCS District website. You'll get an inside look at various topics in the district from the Superintendent's eyes, with special guest featured at times from different departments. The first column was published in the August 15th edition of the paper. The first topic is one of gratitude for our unsung heroes and heroines within' the school system. Click here to read The Superintendent's Report.
- OPEN HOUSES:
- High Schools- Monday, August 19, 4-7pm. Middle Schools-Tuesday, August 20, 4-7pm. Elementary Schools- Wednesday, August 21, 4-7pm.
- The COAST: Open House for Freshman Academy Students/High School students enrolled in COAST classes: August 22nd, 4pm-7pm
- SURVEY: We want to hear from parents and students on the possibility of a venue change for high school graduations. Please click this link and respond to the two question survey that coordinates with the school you or your child attends.
Make sure to follow us on Facebook and check back next Friday for "The Friday Five"!