5 Things to Know: October 28th to November 1st
At the end of each week, we'll post 5 notes of interest that you might of missed from the past week or were mentioned in the Friday phone call. You can sign up for the weekly phone call on Fridays by calling 855-502-7867.
Here is the Friday Five for the week of October 28-November 1:
- SCHOOL BOARD MEETING: Tuesday, November 5th, is the next regular meeting of the Brunswick County Board of Education. It will begin at 6pm in the County Commissioners' Chambers of the David R. Sandifer County Administration Building. Click HERE to read the agenda. Click HERE to go to this BCS Livestream channel:https://livestream.com/brunswickcountyschools/NovemberBOEmeeting
- REDISTRICTING FEEDBACK: You still have time to submit general feedback on Phase 1 Redistricting at www.bcswan.net/redistricting. Updates will also be posted on that webpage as soon as they are available.
- FALL BACK: It's time to FALL BACK. This weekend, make sure to turn your clocks back as daylight saving time ends for the year. Daylight saving time ends on Sunday, Nov. 3 at 2 a.m. — so don't forget to "fall back" before you go to bed Saturday night.
- IN THE NEWS: Did you catch the StarNews Student of the Week? Read all about Cadence here: https://www.starnewsonline.com/news/20191029/cadence-jones-is-brunswick-county-schools-student-of-week
- I FIRED BEN DOING: Throughout the year we'll be taking a peek at some of our employees who demonstrate the spirit of the #IFiredBenDoing movement. Click HERE to meet Jessica Black and her ever-evolving engaging ways!
BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!
- DISTRICT PERFORMANCE: The All-County Honors Chorus for Elementary, Middle, and High Schools will take place at
6:00 PM at Odell Williamson Auditorium at BCC—free admission with non-perishable items collected.
Make sure to follow us on Facebook and check back next Friday for "The Friday Five"!