5 Things to Know: November 18th-22nd
At the end of each week, we'll post 5 notes of interest that you might of missed from the past week or were mentioned in the Friday phone call. You can sign up for the weekly phone call on Fridays by calling 855-502-7867.
Here is the Friday Five for the week of November 18-22:
- THANKGIVING HOLIDAY BREAK: Brunswick County Schools will be closed on November 27th, 28th, and 29th for Thanksgiving Break. We'll see you back at school on December 2nd!
- PHASE 1 REDISTRICTING PUBLIC MEETING #2: If you missed Monday's Public Information Meeting that detailed the draft map options available now, please visit www.bcswan.net/redistricting. You'll find video of the meeting, plus a survey to get your feedback on the current options. The survey will run through December 8th so that the consultants have enough time to consider feedback/possible adjustements before presenting draft map options to the School Board on December 17th.
- TOYS FOR TOTS: If you are looking for a Toys for Tots Brunswick County location to drop off toys for the Marine Corps Reserve's signature holiday fundraiser for local children, you can find a box at any of our schools. The deadline is December 13th and organizers will then pick up and distribute the toys to children in Brunswick County.
- IN THE NEWS: Did you see BCS in the news?
⇒ WECT stopped by the Listening Post at Cedar Grove Middle School. Click HERE to see the feature.
⇒ STARNEWS featured a South Brunswick High School student as the Student Achiever. Click HERE to read the feature.
⇒ WWAY spoke to parents after the Redistricting Meeting. Click HERE to see the report.
⇒ WECT spoke to parents after the Redistricting Meeting. Click HERE to see the report.
- I FIRED BEN DOING: Throughout the year we'll be taking a peek at some of our employees who demonstrate the spirit of the #IFiredBenDoing movement. Sarah Cusick has more than 30 years experience inside the classroom and isn't afraid to try something new. Click HERE to watch her feature.
Make sure to follow us on Facebook and check back next Friday for "The Friday Five"!