CURRENT STATUS: COVID-19 Impacts on Brunswick County Schools
- Beginning June 21...
Central Services- Monday through Friday, 8-5pm
Summer School Sites- Monday through Friday, 8am-3:30pm
Non-Summer School Sites- Monday through Thursday, 7:30am-4:30pm
- With only 2% of the school community showing interest in a 100% remote learning format, the decision was made to not offer it as an option for the 2021-22 school year unless there is an unforeseen circumstance that deems remote learning necessary. All Brunswick County Schools will resume 100% Face to Face learning for the 2021-22 school year.
Just stop by one of the curbside locations and pick them up!
SCHOOL BOARD NEWS:
Instead, the district will move forward with the consultant's alternative recommendations to look for ways to add capacity at NBHS by 300-400 seats to avoid overcrowding within the next 5 years.
- This 'needlepoint bipolar ionization technology' as it is called will be installed in existing HVAC systems at Brunswick County Schools.
- Basically, it inactivates/deactivates pathogens and reduces the volume of harmful pathogens including the coronavirus and SARS-CoV-2.
- South Brunswick Middle
- South Brunswick High
- Lincoln Elementary
- Belville Elementary
- Leland Middle
- Waccamaw School
- Town Creek Elementary
- Town Creek Middle
- Union Elementary
- Virginia Williamson Elementary
- Supply Elementary
- Bolivia Elementary
- Cedar Grove Middle
- Jessie Mae Monroe Elementary
- Shallotte Middle
- Southport Elementary
- The COAST
- North Brunswick High
- West Brunswick High
STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES: BCS Student Support Services has numerous resources to help students and parents during this challenging time we are all going through. Behavior Specialists, School Counselors, School Psychologist, School Social Workers, and Dropout Prevention Specialists are all available to talk with to support the social-emotional learning and mental health needs during this unprecedented time.