RESULTS: 2020-21 School Accountability Results
School accountability results were released this month to the State Board of Education. Based on End-of-Grade and End-of-Course proficiency results, Brunswick County Schools performed well in comparison to statewide results. Specific areas of strength are Elementary Reading and Math, Science in grades 5 and 8, and High School Biology.
High School math was also above the statewide average.
In the face of challenges associated with the COVID-19 pandemic, Brunswick County Schools had a commendable participation rate in all areas of assessment and accountability.
“Despite suffering and continuing to suffer through a pandemic and not having a complete school year in three years, the students and teachers of BCS demonstrated academic resilience," Dr. Jerry Oates, Superintendent of Brunswick County Schools expressed. "While we are above the state average in many areas, we recognize the work to be done to equip our students for future success.”
Additional information about the 20-21 North Carolina Annual Testing Results can be found on the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction website.
- BACKGROUND BRIEF – 2021 North Carolina Annual Testing Results: https://www.dpi.nc.
- DATA BY STATE/DISTRICT/SCHOOL: https://www.dpi.nc.gov/districts-schools/testing-and-school-accountability/school-accountability-and-reporting/accountability
- NORTH CAROLINA STANDARD COURSE OF STUDY – www.dpi.nc.gov/districts-
schools/classroom-resources/k- 12-standards-curriculum-and- instruction/standard-course- study
- TESTING PROGRAM GENERAL INFORMATION AND POLICIES – www.dpi.nc.gov/districts-
schools/testing-and-school- accountability/testing-policy- and-operations
- RELEASED TEST FORMS AND ANSWER KEYS FOR END-OF-GRADE AND END-OF-COURSE TESTS – Parents and educators can see firsthand the rigor of questions on the assessments. www.dpi.nc.gov/
districts-schools/testing-and- school-accountability/state- tests